Override Requests

Every department on campus manages its own overrides, so the School of Criminal Justice cannot give overrides to other courses outside of Criminal Justice. If you need an override outside of Criminal Justice, contact the department offering the desired course to find out the override procedure for that particular department.

Before you complete the CJ Override Request form, please read the information below:

  • We will NOT grant overrides into full sections, with one exception. Overrides into full sections are reviewed for graduating seniors only after careful review of options to the student's schedule.
  • We will not add students to full SECTIONS. Students must put themselves on the Waitlist and wait for a space to open.

PLEASE NOTE: If you try to enroll in a course that indicates “OPEN RESERVED CAPACITY’ and received the following error message: “You are unable to enroll in this class at this time. Available seats are reserved and you do not meet the reserve capacity requirements,” that means that the remaining open seats are reserved for new entering students at orientation. It is standard practice to reserve a limited number of seats for new students. Please be aware that if you receive this message, the section is considered full and we will not be able to provide an override. Please note, however, that returning students on the waitlist for a course are given enrollment priority before any new students.

Students seeking an override must complete the CJ Override Request form.